Friday, August 8, 2014
Top 5 LWRC Rifles
Recently, we ran our numbers on LWRC rifle sales. Since 2006, when we first became an authorized LWRC dealer, these have been our top 5 selling models:
1. M6IC-SPR: Formerly known as the M6A2 SPR rifle, and the first production model to feature the innovative spiral-fluted barrel**. M6IC-SPR features slim modular hand guard and full ambi controls.
2. M6A2: Since the beginning, the M6A2 has been the workhorse of the LWRC product line. Originally known as the SRT (Teams) rifle, it has become the standard by which all other gas piston operated rifles are judged. LWRC set the bar high with this one. I personally own serial #421: ye olde faithful.
3. REPR: The REPR started off life as the SABR. Almost instantly, it was a hit with shooters across a broad demographic-- from hunters to target shooters, and everyone in-between. Recently, the 4-position adjustable gas system was replaced by a 2-position unit. Over the years, barrels have been 1:10 and 1:11.25 twist and 12.7" to 20" in length. The 12" SBR and 18" DMR variants have been discontinued.
4. M6IC: The M6IC "Individual Carbine" was a response to a request by the US military for a new rifle. It afforded LWRC an opportunity to showcase some new technologies and features-- many of which have found places elsewhere in their product line-up: like fully ambidextrous lower receivers and 2-position adjustable gas systems. The M6IC-E "Enhanced" version features a spiral/helical fluted barrel.
5. PSD: The PSD short barrel rifle that was featured on an episode of Future Weapons rounds out our top five. It has become a perennial best seller and is one of the most popular NFA weapons we offer. Over the years, it has received several facelifts-- most recently: a new modular hand guard similar to the one found on the M6IC series-- only shorter. The PSD paved the way for the compact UCIW and PDW models.
An honorable mention goes out to the newer Six8 platform and entry level M6SL model. LWRC has developed a pretty broad product line over the years. There's something for everyone. Now that we offer Cerakote finishes in-house, our clients will enjoy even more customization. Click any of the links above for a specific photo gallery. If you have an idea for a rifle build, please feel free to shoot us an e-mail. If you can dream it, we can make it happen. Have a good weekend and God bless. -- Evan
** Limited Edition M6A2 Tricon preceded the M6A2 SPR. Only 500 units produced.