Wednesday, January 6, 2016
President Obama's Gun Control Executive Actions Full Text Please Crocodile Tears
*dramatic pause with fake tears*
Boo hoo. Now that we've got that out of the way, we can discuss President Obama's executive actions-- otherwise known as meaningless, feckless gun control measures. On Point Firearms has taken the liberty of uploading the full text of the President's message to our website, so that you may study it and educate yourself on its message. As you would expect, it's full of rhetoric and hot air. Nevertheless, it's important to understand its content so that you can educate others. Here are my talking points:
1. Gun violence, and violence in general, is here to stay. You cannot legislate it away. Murder is already illegal-- yet people continue to commit it. None of these executive actions would've stopped any of the recent mass murders-- from Colorado to Connecticut. People need to do a better job parenting and stop raising little psychos.
2. Smart Gun technology is a joke. We need smart people-- not smart guns. There are over 320 million firearms in the United States. The majority of them will never be used in any nefarious act. Firearms are as American as the automobile. Your firearm is no more dangerous than the bandsaw in your garage. It's a tool. People are dangerous. We need to do a better job raising our children so they don't become mass murderers. The NRA's Eddie Eagle program should've been one of the things Obama invested more resources in. How about spending money on education-- not smart guns. If your child encounters a firearm, chances are, it won't be a smart gun. It's better to have a smart child. Let's work on that.
3. The President wants everyone selling guns to become licensed firearms dealers. Good luck with that. That's unconstitutional and unenforceable. At best, it'll cut down on the number of "private collectors" at your local gun show. But it's not going to stop you from selling one of Glocks to the neighbor that you've known for 20 years. Nor should it.
4. Obama is going to fund the FBI so that they can update their ancient systems from 1998 and provide 24/7 service for NICS background checks. Good. It's 2016. What took you so long, government?
5. The BATFE is going to get rid of the CLEO sign off area on NFA forms, but will now require fingerprinting and background checks for all parties listed on a Firearms Trust document. This will cripple NFA business. Many people don't purchase silencers and short barrel rifles because it already takes nearly 6 months for the process. With additional background checks, look forward to even longer processing times. Shame.
Don't be fooled by the President's crocodile tears. He doesn't care about you, your family, or your 2nd Amendment. Or American values, for that matter. Gun control is about control. Hillary, our next President, has already talked about Australian-style confiscation. That's what we have to look forward to. So, arm up. Keep buying guns. And keep buying ammo. 2015 was a record year for gun sales. Let's continue that in 2016. The government needs to fear the people-- not the other way around.
Have a good 'un and God bless! -- Evan